Thursday 19 February 2009

the true story

which goes on in a conversation is rather different than the one we normally observe.
In order to prove this point, we have installed a core deambobinator (see illustration below) under a restaurant table. Let's get closer so you can see what we mean.
Please take note of the deambobinator's recorded speech translated in brackets. (these are brackets: [ and ])

Lady: I'm so glad you were able to join me [I never thought you would accept, I'm sooo happy yay] for dinner.

Man: Oh, nonsense. It's just that lately [what do I say what do I say] things [good, that's good, what now omg] have been hecktic [vague enough, good job!] around here [great!].

Lady: oh, tell me about it! [I've been so busy thinking of you I have sooo much left over work bah who gives a damn when we're finally going to have]

Man: This beef is incredibly well done [just about as tough like a brick wall, great, small talk, that will make the time fly]

Lady: Oh, yes! and the stew is marvelous too [kids, i want twins, definately, good genes here, not to miss]. Go on, try some! [yeeees eat out of my fork yeees]

Man: Oh, I'm full, honestly. [I'm not putting that thing in my mouth no waay] Did I tell you about my job? I'm an accountant. [and yeees, I am going to bore you to death about all the little intricate details]

Lady: How exciting! [well, at least he's good with money. kids need money. I need fur coat] Do tell! [just no maths, pleeease]

Man: Well, our business firm's figures are looking great. [you just don't have any idea what i'm talking about, do you?]I have just done a tri-bi-annual report and the stocks are rising [god, should have said they weren't] dramatically [change change it] but the Pi is very low [good enough].

Lady: Ah, the Pi, everyone likes them high! I'm sorry to hear that.[that means no overtime at work, so more kids!, the lawn, a perfect green gra]

Man: This is life, can't have it all. [and god, is that salad between your teeth?]

Lady: oh, no, of course. [Have me! I want your babies!]

Man: And then there's the parallel Q coefficients. [aww, why Q? she's going to tell, omg]

Lady: Aha, interesting. [love me, now! loooove!]

Man: The important thing is that they stay parallel. [I have no idea what to say now, I'm all out]

Lady: Aha![Looooooooove]

There, now you get the point. wasn't it a really swell thing to discover? [bah, screw you, I don't really care, I'm just doing this to get paid]
Oh, sorry. [how do you turn this #&^&^ thing off?!?!#@$$%]
Small malfunction it seems, I'll get right back to you! [yeah right, and may the dingo eat your babies]

2 comments:

  1. very funny :)
    just tell me you will walk around with that core deambobinator and intercept other conversations too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. of course. and trust me, you don't want me to reveal the rest of your comment :)

    ReplyDelete

leave an almost fake comment: